The devil makes work for idol thumbs.

Wa gwarn looool. 


It’s been ages init?


Listen there’s a lot going on, I haven’t updated you because things have been ever-changing. I’m going to end up saying something on one day, and then telling you it changed the next day, so I just haven’t bothered.  


I’M IN LIMBOOOO BRUV. 


I’m in limbo, I’m in limbo. I have to admit I’ve been in limbo since last year when I decided that yes I was going to move to Birmingham. Since making this decision it has felt really redundant to plan anything here, in this phase of my life, so I been sitting on this badboy piece of information and been so busy planning my upcoming ‘Birmingham Life’ that I didn’t really plan anything for the London life that I’m very much so still living (thank you God). 


I won’t write too much about this process because I am committed to vlogging about it, after it’s all happened, but a couple of FAQ’s that keep popping up. 


Q. Sian, how are you feeling about it all?

A. Amazing, I’m excited, I cannot wait, I’m literally SO GASSED. 


Q. What about Lij?

A. What about him? He’s amazing, he’s excited, he cannot wait, he’s literally SO GASSED. 


Q. Can we meet up before you go?

A. We don’t need to do alla that to be honest, I’m not going to be that far away. I’ll still see you, you’ll still see me, I’m getting my weekends back for the first time in seven years. I’ll be in London loads, stop hyping I beg, you’re being bareeeee dramatic. 


Q. How are you feeling about radio? 

A. Well I told the BBC I needed some time off before I step into this new show, cause 5 days a week radio is definitely different to 2 days a week radio, but now that my final ever Saturday show has passed, and my final ever Monday Mayhem show is tonight, I’m actually sat here a bit perplexed, feeling a little bit nervous about what I’m going to do with those 6 weeks. 


Like you’d think I had a plan, a holiday a something? But I don’t. And now I’m a bit like ‘Sian, why did you request that time off, you don’t have nothing to do, you’re gonna be BOREDT’.  


I’ve booked in a couple more food demos for Taste of the Caribbean to keep me occupied. Obviously Octaves is still open until 29th August so I’ll be doing that, but for the rest of the time I’m now like twiddling thumb a bit, I don’t do too well with bare time on my hands, you know what they say ‘The devil makes work for idol thumbs’. 


Q. How are you feeling about Octaves closing?

A. Listen, I cannot WAIT. I love the place honestly I do, I love cooking, I love watching people take that first bite and their faces just light up, I love the establishment itself and I’m so proud of what I built, but I’ll be so real, there are people who ruined this experience for me soooo bad, and when some time has passed I am going to talk about it. 


Just really evil, dutty, badmine, lying, teefing, crawsis people who suck. It’s so disappoint to see how our ‘community’ behave toward each other. The crabs in a bucket mentality, the ‘get what you can while you can’ energy. I’m constantly overwhelmed by that mentality and how far it’s spread.  


When I eventually start to break down some of the day to day things I have had to deal with, with that place, you will ask me how I didn’t implode. 


But - one month left, then we move. We thank God. 


Anyway, reoccurring observations from the past couple months:   


The feature Gmail has of ‘You have forgotten to attach a file’ Is GOOD FOOD. Why do I always forget to attach the file?! And why does it always remind me and stop me from embarrassment? That’s love, right? 

<3


Fee Mak has incredible skin, and she can speak French, I wanna be more like Fee Mak. 


I slept without my CPAP Machine for 3 weeks, I went to Marrakesh and I stopped breathing so many times that I nearly died. (We’re not doing that again). But big up my Apple Watch man. I truly though it was a  

pointless device outside of the ‘fitness’ feature, but the fact that it alerts me of my health makes it worth every single penny (plus likklemore, Apple can take all my coin furthermore). 


I don’t know if I like the sun in England anymore. I know I know that sounds mad. But something about it doesn’t feel right, it doesn’t feel natural, it feels mad forced. Have you ever seen the series ‘Paradise’ with Sterling K Brown? And the people-dem are living in a dome, and pretending their lives are normal, but you later find out it’s so far from normal and really actually pretty weird? That’s what this on/off heatwave feels like. It’s not giving ‘summer’, it’s giving ‘stay at home’ as well, people haven’t even really been outside like that. Or is it just me? Sorry but ionlikeit.


Scratcha DVA is one of my favourite people in the world, man. What a guy. Supportive, genuine, talented, very funny & honest bruddah. Rare breed man. Big him up. 


Everyone needs to stop smoking weed. Just stop. I beg. I hear everything you’re saying, trust me I do. But stop it, please. 


Marrakesh is beauts. Really enjoyed it, 10/10 highly recommend. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Insert.

It’s been a long time; I shouldn’t have left you!

Chapter 3